Contador has assured his innocence despite not being able to prove that the positive result for this substance was due to ingestion of contaminated meat.

Although the ruling says that TAS was not doped, it seems that at least for the moment it will not rectify its decision. The Spanish cyclist has shown his disappointment after more than a year and a half fighting to prove his innocence, the situation has even reached such a point that he has voluntarily submitted to a polygraph.
In the press conference that he gave last Wednesday, he stated that what they accuse him of is something that goes against all the values that have been instilled in him since childhood and he does not understand the reason for this sanction . The resolution seems to make it clear that there has been no doping, since the amount of clenbuterol is so ridiculous that in no case would it affect performance.
What weighs most on the athlete is not the two-year sanction or the withdrawal of titles from his record, as he stated that for him the best thing about winning trophies is "the memory that people have after my victories in each competition." ".

Even so Alberto Contador will continue in cycling and will continue to fight hard as he has done until now to continue being the best in this sport, practicing it in a healthy way as he claims he has done. until now. Despite everything that is being said these days, the cyclist continues to believe in this sport and knows that when he competes again he will do so with the same desire as he has been doing so far.
The resolution of the CAS produced a year and a half after the positive test has generated great controversy because, despite the fact that the sentence says that it is not a clear case of doping, the sanction is the highest that has been imposed. can put an athlete. The Court of Sports Arbitration will rule on a date not yet determined in parallel with the lawsuit filed by the UCI (International Cycling Union) for which, in addition to the 2 years of suspension, Accountant pays a fine of 70% of his salary (€2,485,000).
Both the UCI and the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) believe that the positive for clenbuterol is due to a contaminated nutritional supplement or even a blood transfusion. What's more, they doubt that it was caused by the consumption of beef, since in Spain there are no problems of this type with beef.

We will then have to wait for the TAS to be pronounced soon. At the moment it seems that it is clear that he will continue with the suspension until next August and, therefore, he has had to break the contract with his sponsors, although Saxo Bank is his priority, as stated by the cyclist's brother and manager. .
What do you think of these types of practices? Tell us!